Artists-in-Residence is a joint initiative of La Casa Encendida and the CA2M Centro de Arte Dos de Mayo that supports performative approaches to body-centred creation and research.
It is articulated around the permanent programme of La Casa Encendida and the CA2M, so priority will be given to projects that fall within the lines of research and experimentation pursued by both centres. Artists-in-Residence also attempts to establish dialogues between artists and agents associated with both institutions and their programmes.
The residency at the facilities of La Casa Encendida and the CA2M is for a maximum of 8 weeks. Work spaces and hours will be assigned according to each project's requirements and the areas available at the centres.
The 7 selected projects
- Everlasting softness by Twins Experiment
- Transcripciones vegetales by Aniara Rodado and Oscar Martín
- Extraoceanic, by Javier Marquerie
- Jinete Último Reino by Fran MM Cabeza de Vaca and Maria Salgado
- Rojo Pandereta by Javier Vaquero and Oihana Altube
- En la Naturaleza by Irene Cantero, David Benito and Víctor Colmenero
- Guided Tour by Esther Rodríguez-Barbero
With the support of: Acción Cultural Española (AC/E)