A pillar of the improv music scene in Warsaw and one of the driving forces behind its renaissance in his dual capacity as a clarinet player and cultural activist.
Szamburski, a member of the Bastarda trio who also composes for film and theatre, combines tradition and avant-garde in his live sessions by using the clarinet, voice and electronics.
A graduate of the Cultural Anthropology and Musicology Department at Warsaw University, Pawel co-founded Lado ABC, Poland’s most renowned indie label, with Macio Moretti. Since 2004, he has introduced the world to artists like Marcin Masecki, Raphael Rogiński, Levity, LXMP and Hubert Zemle.
In 2014 he released his first solo album, Ceratitis Capitata, the scientific name of the Mediterranean fruit fly, which he claims was hovering over the microphone while recording in a Błonie church. At the end of 2019 he announced the release of his second LP, titled Homo Ludens, and an international tour which had to be postponed due to the pandemic.
Concert organised with the support of the Polish Cultural Institute in Madrid
- The capacity of the Courtyard has been reduced by 30%.
- Please practise social distancing (minimum 1.5 metres) at all times, especially while queueing to enter the Room.
- Please follow the instructions of La Casa Encendida stewards and other staff when entering and exiting the Room and taking your seat.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
* La Casa Encendida, a safe space. Please check the health and safety measures we've implemented before you attend this screening.
16 AprilLa Casa On, Concerts Ylia
The En Pausa festival will kick off with a live performance by Ylia and the presentation of Dulce Rendición, which (…)
16 AprilLa Casa On, Concerts Jonathan Fitoussi
French composer Jonathan Fitoussi explores the mixture of modular synthesis and acoustic textures by using minimalistic (…)
17 AprilLa Casa On, Concerts Menhir
Menhir presents their upcoming album Geomantic Works, a liturgical experience halfway between ambient and pop that’s (…)
17 AprilLa Casa On, Concerts Mecánica Clásica
With five albums released in the last two years, this Valencian combo is one of the most prolific groups on the Spanish (…)
18 AprilLa Casa On, Concerts En Pausa Connection
The last day of the En Pausa festival will be dedicated to communal listening (…)