This film speculates about a near future in which bureaucracy and religious fanaticism govern life in Brazil after a nationwide boom in ultra-conservative evangelism.
Divino Amor [Divine Love], by Gabriel Mascaro. Brazil. 2019. 101’. Original soundtrack with Spanish subtitles.
The film will be screened on 27 and 28 March in the Cinema and will also be available from 29 March to 2 April on La Casa Encendida’s Filmin channel.
- The capacity of the Cinema has been reduced to 25 people.
- Please practise social distancing (minimum 1.5 metres) at all times, especially while queueing to enter the Room.
- Please follow the instructions of La Casa Encendida stewards and other staff when entering and exiting the Room and taking your seat.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
* La Casa Encendida, a safe space. Please check the health and safety measures we've implemented before you attend this screening.
From 10 to 16 March 2021La Casa On, Screenings, Films “Um lugar ao sol” by Gabriel Mascaro
The film explores the status and power of the Brazilian elite classes through the verticalisation of the urban (…)
From 13 to 20 March 2021La Casa On, Screenings, Films “Ventos de Agosto” by Gabriel Mascaro
In his first fiction film, Gabriel Mascaro swaps the city for a sleepy Brazilian coastal town where nothing out of the (…)
From 17 to 23 March 2021La Casa On, Screenings, Films “Avenida Brasília Formosa” by Gabriel Mascaro
Straddling the documentary and fiction formats, this film depicting the everyday life of the residents of a poor (…)
From 20 to 26 March 2021La Casa On, Screenings, Films “Boi neon” by Gabriel Mascaro
This film about a rodeo worker who dreams of switching to the clothing industry deconstructs culturally accepted (…)
From 24 to 30 March 2021La Casa On, Screenings, Films “Doméstica” by Gabriel Mascaro
A group of teenagers film their family housemaids, providing an insight into domestic work in the family environment (…)