A group of teenagers film their family housemaids, providing an insight into domestic work in the family environment while reflecting on the power relations at play in everyday settings.
Doméstica [Housemaids], by Gabriel Mascaro. Brazil. 2012. 76’. Original soundtrack with Spanish subtitles.
The film will be screened on 24 March in the Cinema and will also be available from 25 to 30 March on La Casa Encendida’s Filmin channel.
- The capacity of the Cinema has been reduced to 25 people.
- Please practise social distancing (minimum 1.5 metres) at all times, especially while queueing to enter the Room.
- Please follow the instructions of La Casa Encendida stewards and other staff when entering and exiting the Room and taking your seat.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
* La Casa Encendida, a safe space. Please check the health and safety measures we've implemented before you attend this screening.
From 10 to 16 MarchLa Casa On, Screenings, Films “Um lugar ao sol” by Gabriel Mascaro
The film explores the status and power of the Brazilian elite classes through the verticalisation of the urban (…)
From 13 to 20 MarchLa Casa On, Screenings, Films “Ventos de Agosto” by Gabriel Mascaro
In his first fiction film, Gabriel Mascaro swaps the city for a sleepy Brazilian coastal town where nothing out of the (…)
From 17 to 23 MarchLa Casa On, Screenings, Films “Avenida Brasília Formosa” by Gabriel Mascaro
Straddling the documentary and fiction formats, this film depicting the everyday life of the residents of a poor (…)
From 20 to 26 MarchLa Casa On, Screenings, Films “Boi neon” by Gabriel Mascaro
This film about a rodeo worker who dreams of switching to the clothing industry deconstructs culturally accepted (…)
From 27 March to 02 AprilLa Casa On, Screenings, Films “Divino Amor” by Gabriel Mascaro
This film speculates about a near future in which bureaucracy and religious fanaticism govern life in Brazil after a (…)