An intense tour de force about an alcoholic man—played by the director’s father—who leaves his home in Caracas to start a new life in the southern Venezuelan jungle working as a miner.
La fortaleza (Fortitude), directed by Jorge Thielen Armand. Venezuela. 2020. 108’. Original version in Spanish
Screenings will be held on 20 and 21 February in the Cinema, and the film will be available from 22 to 26 February on the Filmin channel of La Casa Encendida
- The capacity of the Cinema has been reduced to 25 people.
- Please practise social distancing (minimum 1.5 metres) at all times, especially while queueing to enter the Room.
- Please follow the instructions of La Casa Encendida stewards and other staff when entering and exiting the Room and taking your seat.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
* La Casa Encendida, a safe space. Please check the health and safety measures we've implemented before you attend this screening.
From 06 to 12 FebruaryLa Casa On, Screenings, Films “Window Boy Would Also Like to Have a Submarine” by Alex Piperno
A fantastic story unfolds aboard a ship on the high seas that contains magic portals, invisible to practically every (…)
From 13 to 19 FebruaryLa Casa On, Screenings, Films “Chaco” by Diego Mondaca
An anti-war recreation about the little-known Chaco War fought between Bolivia and Paraguay in the 1930s (…)
From 27 February to 05 MarchLa Casa On, Screenings, Films “Fauna” by Nicolás Pereda
A small metanarrative gem where the innocent encounter between two siblings in a remote village in northern Mexico (…)