An autobiographical drama about a girl who refuses to accept her father’s gender transition process.
A Perfectly Normal Family, directed by Malou Reymann. Denmark. 2020. 93’ Original soundtrack with Spanish subtitles
The directorial debut of actress Malou Reymann, based on her own traumatic childhood, shows the other side of the transition process: that of the families who must symbolically grieve for their loved ones and welcome a new person at the same time. Told from the unusual perspective of a young girl, the film is a hope-filled testimonial about overcoming transphobia within the family circle.
- The cinema’s capacity has been reduced to 25 people.
- Please keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others at all times, even when queuing up at the door.
- Please follow the instructions given by attendants and staff of La Casa Encendida when entering/exiting the room and taking your seat.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Thank you for using the hand sanitiser at the entrance to the centre.
* La Casa Encendida, a safe space. Please read the health measures we have taken carefully before attending the event.
10 and 11 AprilScreenings, Films “Always Amber” by Hannah Reinikainen and Lia Hietala
An observational documentary about the physical and emotional changes faced by a non-binary 17-year-old during her (…)