Earthquakes, volcanoes. Natural trauma of the Earth engendered in geological time and violently made manifest and monitored. Extinction of species. Industrial and extractive trauma of the Earth in human time, nurtured by neoliberal geoeconomics. Extinction of the planet.
This session is made up of audiovisual works that present geology as the archive and the memory of sedimentary ages and scars.
- Medium Earth, by The Otolith Group, 2013. United Kingdom, 29 minutes.
- Hypnagogia, by Pierre-Luc Vaillancourt, 2018. Canada. 5 minutes.
- Insolite [Unusual], by Maya Schweizer, 2019. Germany/ Italy. 12:16 minutes.
- Le Tigre de Tasmanie [The Tasmanian Tiger], by Vergine Keaton, 2018. France. 14 minutes.
- Dark Matter, by Viktor Brim, 2020. Germany. 19:52 minutes
Total length of the session: 80 minutes.
After the session an encounter will be held with María Bella, researcher and cultural producer, María Morata, curator of the cycle, and Gabriel Alonso, from the Institute for Postnatural Studies.
* Covid Protocol:
- The capacity of the Cinema has been reduced to 30 people.
- Please practise social distancing (minimum 1.5 metres) at all times, especially while queueing to enter the Room.
- Please follow the instructions of La Casa Encendida stewards and other staff when entering and exiting the Room and taking your seat.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
* La Casa Encendida, a safe space. Please check the health and safety measures we've implemented before you attend this screening.
15 September 2021Screenings, Talks, Films Programme 1. The Extracted Image
Behind the casings, in the heart of the screens and the bundles of wires, we find the minerals and precious metals that (…)
29 September 2021Screenings, Talks, Films Programme 3. Deep Future Time
Tectonic plates and volcanoes resound in the rocky sediments and in the aquatic spaces of emerging cavities (…)
06 October 2021Screenings, Talks, Films Programme 4. Cosmotellurian Emissions
The materialisation of the cosmic in the organic in an interweaving of micro and macro: the minerals of stars in the (…)