Tectonic plates and volcanoes resound in the rocky sediments and in the aquatic spaces of emerging cavities. It is the time for mineral fantasies and the transfer of knowledge between new agents of geological thought. Projection of the past future. Fossilisations of the present.
The programme is made up of speculative fictions in a feminist key that weave a planetary utopia of interdependence.
- M.A.G.N.E.T., by Basim Magdy, Egypt. 2019. 21:02 minutes.
- Imaginary Explosions, Episode 2, Chaitén, by Caitlin Berrigan, 2019. USA. 23:04 minutes.
- Look them Below, by Ben Rivers, United Kingdom. 2019. 22 minutes.
- Ear to the Ground (Wandering Rocks), by Ulrika Sparre, 2020. Sweden. 9 minutes.
- Lithic Coda, by Sam Smith, Sweden. 2020. 8:45 minutes.
Total length of the session: 84 minutes.
After the session an encounter will be held with one of the guests (yet to be confirmed), María Morata (curator of the cycle) and Gabriel Alonso (Institute for Postnatural Studies).
* Covid Protocol:
- The capacity of the Cinema has been reduced to 30 people.
- Please practise social distancing (minimum 1.5 metres) at all times, especially while queueing to enter the Room.
- Please follow the instructions of La Casa Encendida stewards and other staff when entering and exiting the Room and taking your seat.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
* La Casa Encendida, a safe space. Please check the health and safety measures we've implemented before you attend this screening.
15 September 2021Screenings, Talks, Films Programme 1. The Extracted Image
Behind the casings, in the heart of the screens and the bundles of wires, we find the minerals and precious metals that (…)
22 September 2021Screenings, Talks, Films Programme 2. Archive of Tectonic Trauma
Earthquakes, volcanoes (…)
06 October 2021Screenings, Talks, Films Programme 4. Cosmotellurian Emissions
The materialisation of the cosmic in the organic in an interweaving of micro and macro: the minerals of stars in the (…)