The materialisation of the cosmic in the organic in an interweaving of micro and macro: the minerals of stars in the blood. The attraction of esoteric and healing forces in a protected environment: mineral air, the gases that are breathed in the caverns of the bowels of the earth.
The programme is made up of audiovisual works that go beyond gravitation, magnetism and radioactivity.
- The Blood of Stars, by Raqs Media Collective, 2017. India. 13 minutes.
- The Magic Mountain, by Daniel Mann and Eitan Efrat, 2020. Belgium. 69 minutes.
Total length of the session: 81 minutes.
After the session an encounter will take place with Gris García, researcher, curator, pedagogue and artist; María Morata, curator of the cycle; and Gabriel Alonso, from the Institute for Postnatural Studies.
* Covid Protocol:
- The capacity of the Cinema has been reduced to 30 people.
- Please practise social distancing (minimum 1.5 metres) at all times, especially while queueing to enter the Room.
- Please follow the instructions of La Casa Encendida stewards and other staff when entering and exiting the Room and taking your seat.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
* La Casa Encendida, a safe space. Please check the health and safety measures we've implemented before you attend this screening.
15 September 2021Screenings, Talks, Films Programme 1. The Extracted Image
Behind the casings, in the heart of the screens and the bundles of wires, we find the minerals and precious metals that (…)
22 September 2021Screenings, Talks, Films Programme 2. Archive of Tectonic Trauma
Earthquakes, volcanoes (…)
29 September 2021Screenings, Talks, Films Programme 3. Deep Future Time
Tectonic plates and volcanoes resound in the rocky sediments and in the aquatic spaces of emerging cavities (…)