Organised jointly by the Márgenes Festival and La Casa Encendida, this interdisciplinary seminar examines and discusses audiovisual saturation and its impact on politics, culture and society.
The seminar will focus on contemporary society under the paradigm of the integrated spectacle, a diffuse, totalising and ubiquitous system that generates relationships mediated by images and, in the final instance, turns us into mere spectators, separating us from life's specific situations. How can we scratch the screen/membrane of the integrated spectacle in its 2.0 version?
- 11.30 am. Introduction: Diego Rodríguez, director of the Márgenes Festival, and Elena Oroz, coordinator of the "Full Time Images" seminar.
- 11.45 am. “Utopía e inopia. La Internacional Situacionista y la emergencia del Nuevo Paradigma (IS-NP)”, lecture by Luis Navarro, cultural activist and philosophy graduate.
- 1.00 pm. “Revolucionarios sin revolución: la leyenda del último Debord”, conversation between Amador Fernández-Savater, essayist and political and cultural activist, and Hugo Savino, essayist and poet.
- 5.00 pm. “El détournement como montaje de atracciones”, lecture by Paulino Viota, film-maker. Moderator: Sonia García López, lecturer in Communication (UC3M).
- 6.30 pm. “La navaja en el ojo. Desintegrar el mundo del espectáculo”, lecture by Ingrid Guardiola, cultural educator and researcher. Moderator: Laura Gómez Vaquero, lecturer in Fine Arts (USAL).
- 8.00 pm. “¡Cuánto te Debord! Profecía y derrota”, audiovisual dérive by the art collective Terrorismo de Autor.
27 November 2018Films, Screenings "The Trial", by Sergei Loznitsa
Fake news is not a new phenomenon. In the USSR it was used teach lessons to the population (…)
28 November 2018Films, Screenings "A Room with a Coconut View" + "Quiero lo eterno"
The former singer from Manos de Topo turns film-maker with a generational thriller about a group of alienated teenagers (…)
29 November 2018Films, Screenings "Diamantino", by Gabriel Abrantes
Screening of Diamantino, the latest feature film from Gabriel Abrantes, the subject of one of our Monographics and (…)
30 November 2018Films, Screenings "idizwadidiz" + "88:88", by Isiah Medina
The two most representative experimental works by this twenty-seven-year old film-maker who specialises in distorting (…)
From 01 to 02 December 2018Films, Screenings 8th Márgenes Festival Winners
La Casa Encendida will host a special screening session featuring the winners of the competition’s eighth edition, (…)