A fantastic story unfolds aboard a ship on the high seas that contains magic portals, invisible to practically every crew member. The hero of this contemplative sci-fi tale is a young sailor who can travel through parallel physical and temporal dimensions.
Window Boy Would Also Like to Have a Submarine, directed by Alex Piperno. Uruguay, Argentina, Brazil, the Netherlands and the Philippines. 2020. 85’. Original soundtrack with Spanish subtitles
Screenings will be held on 6 and 7 February in the Cinema, and the film will be available from 8 to 12 February on the Filmin channel of La Casa Encendida
- The capacity of the Cinema has been reduced to 25 people.
- Please practise social distancing (minimum 1.5 metres) at all times, especially while queueing to enter the Room.
- Please follow the instructions of La Casa Encendida stewards and other staff when entering and exiting the Room and taking your seat.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
* La Casa Encendida, a safe space. Please check the health and safety measures we've implemented before you attend this screening.
From 13 to 19 FebruaryLa Casa On, Screenings, Films “Chaco” by Diego Mondaca
An anti-war recreation about the little-known Chaco War fought between Bolivia and Paraguay in the 1930s (…)
From 20 to 26 FebruaryLa Casa On, Screenings, Films “La fortaleza'” by Jorge Thielen Armand
An intense tour de force about an alcoholic man—played by the director’s father—who leaves his home in Caracas to (…)
From 27 February to 05 MarchLa Casa On, Screenings, Films “Fauna” by Nicolás Pereda
A small metanarrative gem where the innocent encounter between two siblings in a remote village in northern Mexico (…)