This is a piece where time is placed on stage. But not the passage of time or the longing caused by time’s flight or the tragedy of time gone by, but time itself as matter.
*On 18 September there will be an encounter with the public after the show.
Societat Doctor Alonso, directed by Tomàs Aragay (theatre director and playwright) and Sofía Asencio (dancer and choreographer), has constructed a language that finds one of its fundamental keys in the concept of displacement, of placing something outside its usual location, environment or given space, to investigate how this displacement modifies language both in terms of its constitutive grammar and the reading an observer may make: displacing in order to reveal.
- Original idea and direction: Tomàs Aragay.
- Musical composition and interpretation: Agustí Fernández.
- Musical interpretation: Jordina Millà.
- Assistant director: Sofía Asencio.
- Players: Iñaki Arregui, Salvador Baena, Maria Teresa Fors, Constantina Puche, Antonio Ramírez, Eulàlia Sariola, Andreu Teixidor, Mª Lluisa Torras and Mercè Vallverdú.
- Understudies: Eduard Ràfols and Mercè Trías.
- Scenography and lighting: CUBE. BZ.
- Executive production: Imma Bové.
- Communication and distribution: Sara Serrano and Tomàs Aragay.
- Spectacle coproduced by: Mercat de les Flors, Societat Doctor Alonso, Festival Grec and Théâtre Archipel de Perpinyà.
- With the collaboration of: Fundació Teatre Lliure.
- The capacity for the activity has been reduced.
- Please practise social distancing at all times, especially while queueing to enter the Room.
- Please follow the instructions of La Casa Encendida stewards and other staff when entering and exiting the Room.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
* La Casa Encendida, a safe space. Please check the health and safety measures we've implemented before you attend this activity.
21 SeptemberLa Casa On, Screenings, Performances 'Marcha a Re', by Teatro da Vertigem (Brazil)
A manifesto, a performance and a film (…)
21 and 22 SeptemberConcerts Fulu Miziki
This eco-Afrofuturist punk group from Kinshasa (Democratic Republic of the Congo) is said to come from a future where (…)
22 SeptemberLa Casa On, Screenings, Talks A Meeting Between Artor Jesus Inkerö and Alfredo Ramos
In the course of this online meeting, artist Artor Jesus Inkerö and researcher Alfredo Ramos will reflect upon the (…)
25 and 26 SeptemberPerformances 'Gentle Unicorn', by Chiara Bersani
“I, Chiara Bersani, 98 cm in height, proclaim myself flesh, muscle and bone of the unicorn (…)
26 SeptemberTalks, Performances A Meeting Between artist Chiara Bersani and sociologist Mariella Popolla
In this meeting, Bersani and Popolla will talk about their experience during the ethnographic research project on (…)