“I, Chiara Bersani, 98 cm in height, proclaim myself flesh, muscle and bone of the unicorn. Since I do not know his heart, I will try to give him my breath and my eyes. I will dress his image, I will make a disguise with my breath and my eyes, which will become an armour and a skin. We shall discover our movements, our kisses, our greetings, our yawns.”
Chiara Bersani is an Italian performer and author who is active in the field of the performing arts, research theatre and contemporary dance. As a performer and director/choreographer she moves between different languages and visions. Her works, presented on international circuits, are born as creations that are engaged in a dialogue with different kinds of spaces and are aimed mainly at a neighbour of the stage. Her research as a performer and an author is based on the concept of a political body and the creation of practices that are guided towards building that body’s capacities for presence and action. The manifest product of this process of research is Gentle Unicorn, a performance included on the Aerowaves platform. For the thoroughness displayed in the materialisation of this study, in 2019 Bersani was awarded the UBU prize to the best new actress/performer of under 35. In August of 2019, at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Gentle Unicorn and Chiara Bersani won the first prize in the dance category of the Total Theatre Awards. She is an artist of Apap – Advancing Performing Arts Project – Feminist Futures.
- Idea and creation: Chiara Bersani.
- Music and sound design: Francesca De Isabella.
- Lighting design: Valeria Foti.
- Technical director: Paolo Tizianel.
- Drama consultants: Luca Poncetta, Gaia Clotilde Chernetih.
- Movement coach: Marta Ciappina.
- Artistic advisor: Marco D’Agostin.
- Wardrobe: Elisa Orlandini.
- Production director: Eleonora Cavallo.
- Administrative advisory services: Chiara Fava.
- Promotion and communication: Giulia Traversi.
- Production: Associazione Culturale Corpoceleste_C.C.00#.
- Co-production: Santarcangelo Festival, CSC – Centro per la Scena Contemporanea (Bassano del Grappa).
- With the support of: Centrale FIES (Dro), Graner (Barcelona), Carrozzerie | N.o.T. (Roma), CapoTrave/Kilowatt (Sansepolcro).
- Artist residencies: ResiDance XL - luoghi e progetti di residenza per creazioni coreografiche azione della Rete Anticorpi XL - Network Giovane Danza D'autore coordinata da L'arboreto - Teatro Dimora di Mondaino.
- The capacity for the activity has been reduced.
- Please practise social distancing at all times, especially while queueing to enter the Room.
- Please follow the instructions of La Casa Encendida stewards and other staff when entering and exiting the Room.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
* La Casa Encendida, a safe space. Please check the health and safety measures we've implemented before you attend this activity.
From 18 to 19 September 2021Performances 'Sobre la belleza', by Societat Doctor, de Societat Doctor Alonso
This is a piece where time is placed on stage (…)
21 September 2021La Casa On, Screenings, Performances 'Marcha a Re', by Teatro da Vertigem (Brazil)
A manifesto, a performance and a film (…)
From 21 to 22 September 2021Concerts Fulu Miziki
This eco-Afrofuturist punk group from Kinshasa (Democratic Republic of the Congo) is said to come from a future where (…)
22 September 2021La Casa On, Screenings, Talks A Meeting Between Artor Jesus Inkerö and Alfredo Ramos
In the course of this online meeting, artist Artor Jesus Inkerö and researcher Alfredo Ramos will reflect upon the (…)
26 September 2021Talks, Performances A Meeting Between artist Chiara Bersani and sociologist Mariella Popolla
In this meeting, Bersani and Popolla will talk about their experience during the ethnographic research project on (…)