A manifesto, a performance and a film. Marcha a Re is a film about the performance created by Teatro da Vertigem in collaboration with Nuno Ramos, commissioned by the 11th Berlin Biennale and filmed by Eryk Rocha.
Teatro da Vertigem is a theatre group created twenty-nine years ago and based in the city of São Paulo, in the district of Bixiga. Its work is guided mainly by research and experimentation and focuses above all on the intervention in public spaces and the site-specific perspective. In general terms the group has developed relations with different artistic languages such as the theatre, performance, the visual arts and architecture. In terms of its working dynamics, since its beginnings the group has developed a practice of collaborative processes, in which all its members contribute to direction and creation.
Technical details of the performance:
- Creation and artistic direction: Antonio Araújo, Eliana Monteiro and Guilherme Bonfanti.
- Guest artist: Nuno Ramos.
- Playwright: Antonio Durán.
- Sound composition: Erico Theobaldo.
- Wardrobe designer: Renato Bolelli Rebouças.
- Graphic designer: Guilherme Luigi.
- Trumpeter: Richard Fermino.
- Head of production: Rachel Brumana.
- Legal services: José Augusto Vieira de Aquino.
- Executive production: Giovanna Monteiro and Paulo Gircys.
- Production assistants: Fernando Ruiz Braul, José Guilherme Lobarinhas Jr. and Vicente Antunes Ramos.
- Photography: Matheus José María.
- Technical team: Diego F F Soares, Kuka Batista and Zé Galinha.
- Stage technician: José Dahora.
- Technical stage assistant: Rafael Guirado Neto.
- Sound engineer (players): Tomé de Souza.
- Assistant sound engineer: Ligia Ferraz.
- Social media: Juliana Paié.
- Live broadcasting: Valentina Denuzzo.
Length: 11 minutes.
Language: Original Portuguese soundtrack with Spanish subtitles.
*The screening in the Screening Room takes place on 21 September. The film will also be available on the Casa Encendida Vimeo channel from 22 to 26 September.
- The capacity for the activity has been reduced.
- Please practise social distancing at all times, especially while queueing to enter the Room.
- Please follow the instructions of La Casa Encendida stewards and other staff when entering and exiting the Room.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
* La Casa Encendida, a safe space. Please check the health and safety measures we've implemented before you attend this activity.
18 and 19 SeptemberPerformances 'Sobre la belleza', by Societat Doctor, de Societat Doctor Alonso
This is a piece where time is placed on stage (…)
21 and 22 SeptemberConcerts Fulu Miziki
This eco-Afrofuturist punk group from Kinshasa (Democratic Republic of the Congo) is said to come from a future where (…)
22 SeptemberLa Casa On, Screenings, Talks A Meeting Between Artor Jesus Inkerö and Alfredo Ramos
In the course of this online meeting, artist Artor Jesus Inkerö and researcher Alfredo Ramos will reflect upon the (…)
25 and 26 SeptemberPerformances 'Gentle Unicorn', by Chiara Bersani
“I, Chiara Bersani, 98 cm in height, proclaim myself flesh, muscle and bone of the unicorn (…)
26 SeptemberTalks, Performances A Meeting Between artist Chiara Bersani and sociologist Mariella Popolla
In this meeting, Bersani and Popolla will talk about their experience during the ethnographic research project on (…)