This organisation was established to keep the peace, but over time it has come to affect virtually every aspect of our lives. At this talk, speakers will discuss its strengths and weaknesses and assess whether it is effective, if it can be improved, and whether it is the most appropriate collective global response to the major challenges our world now faces.
- Cristina Gallach, Spanish Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, Ibero-America and the Caribbean
- Susana Malcorra, former Chief of Staff to the UN Secretary-General, former Argentine Minister of Foreign Affairs, and dean of the IE School of Global & Public Affairs
- Sophie Muller, UNHCR representative in Spain
- Gustavo Suárez Pertierra, chair of UNICEF Spain
- Andrea Rizzi, editor-in-chief of the Foreign News section of the Spanish daily El País
Presented and moderated by: Enrique Yeves, former FAO director and coordinator of United Nations organisations in Spain for the 75th anniversary of its founding
Coordinated by: UN (United Nations)
The debate will be broadcast on the YouTube channel of La Casa Encendida
* La Casa Encendida, a safe space. Please read the health measures we have taken carefully before attending the event.