2017 Environmental Performance
La Casa Encendida is an environmentally conscious social and cultural centre that has had an environmental management system in place since 2007, conforming to standard ISO 14001. Honouring its commitment to protect the environment and prevent pollution, the centre’s environmental management system is periodically reviewed and evaluated in order to identify actions that can be taken to minimise the negative impact of La Casa Encendida’s activities on the world around it.
We would like to share a summary of our environmental performance results for the year 2017 with our users and visitors:
- Electricity consumption was nearly 23% below the average for the 2014–2016 period
- Water consumption did not vary with respect to the 2014–2016 average; consequently, we will take steps to reduce levels by at least 3% in the year 2018
- Gas consumption was 4% higher than in the benchmark period. We will take appropriate measures to avoid an additional increase in 2018
- In the course of the year, we produced 379 kg of hazardous waste, down 35% from 2014–2016
- We generated 375 m3 of non-hazardous waste, 6% less than in the three previous years
Thank you for helping us to keep improving.