2019 Environmental Performance
La Casa Encendida of Fundación Montemadrid is an environmentally conscious cultural and social centre that has had an environmental management system in place since 2007, conforming to standard ISO 14001. Honouring its commitment to protect the environment and prevent pollution, the centre’s environmental management system is periodically reviewed and evaluated in order to identify steps that can be taken to minimise the negative impact of La Casa Encendida’s activities on the world around it.
We would like to share a summary of La Casa Encendida’s environmental performance results for the year 2019 with our users and visitors:
- Electricity consumption was nearly 18.88% lower than the average of the three previous years.
- Water consumption is down by 11.82%, and we will continue moving in this direction.
- Gas consumption was 4.72 % lower than the average of the three previous years.
- This year we produced 381 kg of hazardous waste, 21.34 % less than in 2016–2018, a positive trend that we will try to maintain next year.
- We generated 283.75 m3 of non-hazardous waste, 22.05 % less than in the three previous years. We appreciate your help with improving this figure.
Thank you for inspiring us to do better every year