Space for volunteering
Only remote assistance services
What does it mean to be a volunteer?
It means freely, willingly and responsibly giving your time to help an organisation that has made a commitment to serve others and society. Through volunteer work, you can help your community flourish, grow as a person, and gain a better understanding of the real world.
In most cases, volunteering entails working with non-profit organisations that serve the public interest; volunteer work offers everyone the chance to help build a fairer, more caring society.
What does the Volunteer Space (VS) offer?
We primarily offer orientation, information and volunteer services.
- If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, first we get to know you; we’ll talk about your motivations, the causes you want to support, your availability and how you’d like to lend a hand through volunteer work. Later, we’ll provide you with information on the legal rights and obligations of volunteers, as well as specific volunteering opportunities offered by different organisations and projects.
- If you are an organisation, we can channel your volunteering opportunities and advise you on how to design and improve a volunteer network that benefits your project.
What are the requirements?
You just need to be interested in volunteering for an organisation. We don't discriminate on the basis of past experience, age or education, and it makes no difference what cause you support or whether you have a lot or a little time to give.
The only requirement is that you be willing to commit and actively participate in a social organisation.
Volunteer at Fundación Montemadrid centres
The Volunteer Space also offers you a chance to support and volunteer at Fundación Montemadrid’s own centres:
- Conde de Elda Senior Centre
- Ponce de León Learning Centre
- Casa San Cristóbal
Become a trained volunteer
We regularly offer a Basic Volunteering Course for people with little or no experience, as well as other theme-specific educational activities held throughout the year at La Casa Encendida.
- Opening hours (only remote assistance services): Monday to Friday, from 2:00 to 8:00 p.m
- Tfno: 91 468 78 40
- Mail: email@example.com