Menhir presents their upcoming album Geomantic Works, a liturgical experience halfway between ambient and pop that’s destined to become an instant classic.
The group’s members are visual artist Coco Moya and musician and psychologist Iván Cebrián. In their work, they examine the notion of speculative territory and states of consciousness through sound installations, performances, videos and publications.
They are interested in creating fields of action that facilitate the mutual transformation of space, people and the forces that pass through it. They have revived geomancy—earth-based divination—as a method of environmental knowledge and practice. Consequently, they regard their pieces as virtual menhirs situated in an expanded place—a physical territory, an event in time or an internal state—and aim to redirect their meaning towards affect, belonging and interdependency, based on an animistic techno-natural idea of the living. Their artistic and conceptual parameters are as solid as they are original.
- The capacity of the Courtyard has been reduced by 30%.
- Please practise social distancing (minimum 1.5 metres) at all times, especially while queueing to enter the Room.
- Please follow the instructions of La Casa Encendida stewards and other staff when entering and exiting the Room and taking your seat.
- Face masks must be worn at all times.
- Please use the hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
* La Casa Encendida, a safe space. Please check the health and safety measures we've implemented before you attend this screening.